Saturday, December 10, 2005

Saturday, December 10, 8:15

We made a little progress today. Dr. Beemer removed the probe from his head. They felt comfortable enough with the pressure readings. Yeh! He's still running between a 100 and 102 degree temperature, but they are keeping a close eye on that. His blood pressure and heart rate have been a bit high. His blood sugar is high but they are giving him insulin to regulate it. He is slowly being weened off the sedation and the ventilator. If all goes well, they will remove the ventilator tube. Don't know if that will happen tomorrow but we are so anxious for that to be accomplished.

It is so great to see those of you who are able to come visit. It really lifts our spirits. Thank you.

Please please keep your prayers going. They are what have made the difference.

Love,

Eric, Debi, Lauren, Cameron and Ryan!

1 Comments:

At 3:29 AM, Blogger Mckenzie said...

Dear Lindroth family,

I am a friend of Ryan’s from high school. My little sister is Shannon Ruecker, a friend of Cameron’s at Westview. She called me last weekend and told me about Ryan. I was worried all week because there was no news from her and I could not get a hold of Erin Rojas (who I go to school with in Arizona), but fortunately my mom e-mailed me the link to this blog which she got from a friend at a Christmas party she went to last night.

Reading all the posts from both you and Ryan’s friends and family brought me to tears. Ryan is such an amazing person. He was in several of my classes at both Mesa Verde and Mt. Carmel. He was one of those people you would notice was absent because the “happy level” of the classroom seemed a little bit lower without him. Ryan has the wonderful gift of making everyone laugh and I have NEVER seen him when he wasn’t smiling. But of course you know all this!

Ryan didn’t know me that well in high school but it seemed that everyone knew him, and I know for a fact he was liked by all. You should also be very proud because he is the only person I know who described both of their parents as “awesome.” Last summer during a late night Denny’s trip he talked for a good two hours telling me all about his family. I just know he will make a wonderful recovery with that much love behind him!!

Once I am done with finals and come back to San Diego my friend Lynn and I are planning to come see Ryan. With the progress he is making I know I will be surprised to see how well he is doing when I get there! My thoughts and best wishes are with Ryan and you all.

Sincerely,
Mckenzie Ruecker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home