Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Tuesday, Dec. 6 9:30pm

Hi everyone,

Today has been a good day. When we arrived at the hospital at 8:15 this morning Ryan's ICP numbers were nice and low - between 5 and 10! His blood pressure has been pretty good and he seems to be resting well. Eric and I stayed with him for an hour or two and left to get Cameron who had spent the night at his cousins house. When we returned, his nurse was a bit concerned because his temperature was high again, so she had a fan going, ice packs behind his neck and in both armpits trying to cool him down. It seemed to work - she got him back under 100 degrees.

Eric and Cameron left the hospital around 12:30 to go home and get some clean clothes and other essentials. They also went to Cameron's Water Polo Banquet this evening. I'm sure it was difficult for both of them. This afternoon, Ryan was less sedated so he was slightly wakeful. Not enough to cause difficulty for himself (pulling on tubes etc.) but enough that he was able to respond a little to me when I talked to him. His nurse pulled his eyelids open and said - "Ryan, can you look at your Mom?" Very slowly Ryan's eyes moved from looking up then over to me. He looked me straight in the eye. Can't tell you how great that felt. He responds to me when I ask him to put his hand down or relax and stop trying to move his legs. His movements are very slow, but deliberate - stretching, moving his hand up trying to wiggle out of the restraints which keep him from pulling his tubes. It even seems he moves his left leg in an effort to get out of bed. They still want to see him stay quiet so the brain can heal - that and keeping the ventilator in to help him get enough oxygen to the body are why they are keeping him sedated.

Dr. Beemer came by this evening when Lauren and I were about to say goodnight to Ryan. He said "I thought I told you to go home and get some rest". I told him I as on my way. He said there was improvement in this mornings CT Scan. Yeh! For the last two days, the scans have shown less swelling!!!!

I haven't read your comments for today, but look forward to it. Eric and I are bathed in love and support as we read your kind words. What a blessing you have all been to us. Thank you for caring and love for Ryan.

With much love and gratitude,
Debi and Eric, Lauren and Cameron, and especially Ryan!

3 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger The authors said...

Debi, Eric, Lauren, Cameron, and RYAN-
It is was so good to see you and Lauren today, Debi, and very reassuring to be able to say hi to your sweet boy. Sure seems to me like he heard his mom's voice and responded to your words. I admire and respect the courage and hope which you carry to face this very serious life challenge. Your fierce love for Ryan, and for each other, is evident in all that you do. Your strong, deep faith is also very apparent. God will honor that. I will continue to lift you, your family, and your amazing warrior, Ryan, in my daily prayers. I also believe that he has a special guardian angel, wearing a red and gold speedo, watching over his progress.
My love and support to each of you,
Lori Roads

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger BoxBlogSpot said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger BoxBlogSpot said...

You don't know me, but my name is Angela and I am Laurie and Steve Marx's daughter. Laurie called me and asked that we put Ryan in our prayers and ask our friends to pray for him as well. My family and I and our friends have been praying each morning for Ryan and for your family. Your blog has been a blessing back to us. Keeping us posted so that can see how good God is and the miracle He is working in Ryan.

We will continue to pray for the doctors wisdom and God's comfort for your family and for Ryans continued healing.

God Bless
Angela Box

 

Post a Comment

<< Home